Welcome to Beacon Hill, A Designated Neighborhood in Boston, MA - Real Estate and More
Welcome to Beacon Hill, MA – Real Estate and More
Located in Norfolk County, Beacon Hill is one of 23 designated neighborhoods in Boston, MA. This is one of the most charming, desirable and expensive neighborhoods in the city. Beacon Hill is the oldest district with cobblestone streets, Federal-style and Victorian brick row houses and gas lit street lights.
This small Boston neighborhood is filled with history and charm. Here are some interesting landmarks:
- Massachusetts State House – This building is the State Capital. With its large gold leaf dome, red brick exterior, beautiful arches and large front pillars, the building houses the State Legislature and the offices of the Governor. There are free tours offered during the day (M-F), but a reservation is needed.
- Cheers Beacon Hill – Originally called Bull & Finch Pub, Cheers Beacon Hill became the original inspiration for the setting of the TV show Cheers.
- Charles Street Shopping Area – Running along the base of Beacon Hill, there are antique shops, art boutiques, gift shops, specialty clothing stores, stationery and more.
- The Paramount – Consistently voted best place for breakfast, this place is a Charles Street hidden gem. Don’t be taken back by the lines, The Paramount not only serves breakfast, but lunch and dinner, too.
- 75 Chestnut – A cozy Beacon Hill restaurant featuring regional American comfort food. Tucked away amongst the brownstones on one of the most charming streets in Boston, this restaurant comes highly rated.
- The Liberty Hotel – This luxury Beacon Hill Hotel is an imaginative transformation of the storied Charles Street Jail, a national historic landmark and architectural gem built in 1851. It is home to 5 restaurants and bars:
- Clink – Seafood and seasonal New England fare.
- Alibi – Set in the old Dunk-tank of the jail – it has great cocktails and late night snacks.
- Liberty Bar – Energetic, social environment at the heart of Boston’s nightlife scene.
- Scampo – A culinary destination created by Boston-based Chef Lydia Shire.
- Catwalk – This is a hotel-guest only retreat that is on the original Charles Street Jail catwalk. How cool is this?
The City of Boston is now called home to almost 6,873,018 residents. Estimated median household income is $78,800. Median home price is $560,300. Boston has a split tax rate; for fiscal year 2017, the real estate tax rate is $10.59 for residential and $25.37 for commercial and industrial properties.
Here are some important links that can help you navigate the City of Boston:
Are you considering buying or selling a home in Beacon Hill, MA? Do you need a real estate lawyer? SINC Law provides comprehensive real estate closing services in Beacon Hill, MA. Call our office at 781-930-3189 and speak with Bill Sincavage.
Real Estate Lawyer in Beacon Hill, Back Bay, Chinatown and Boston, Massachusetts