Welcome to Milton, MA - Real Estate and More
Welcome to Milton, Massachusetts – Real Estate and More
Located in Norfolk County, Milton is an affluent community in one of the many suburbs south of Boston. Established in 1640 and later incorporated in 1662, the town was named in honor of Milton Abbey, Dorset, England. This is the birthplace of George Herbert Walker Bush, the 41st president of the United States. In 2007, 2009 and 2011, Milton ranked in the Top 10 of Money Magazine’s Best Places to Live in the United States.
Known for its water power capabilities, along the south side of the Neponset River, Milton was developed as an industrial location with paper and saw mills along with New England’s first chocolate factory, The Walter Baker Chocolate Factory. Milton is also known for having the first piano factory.
Some of the most famous historic sites in Milton are:
- Suffolk Resolves House – Now home to the Milton Historic Society. This is where the Suffolk Resolves were signed on September 4, 1774.
- Blue Hills Observation and Science Center – Home of the nation’s oldest continuously kept meteorological records.
- The Granite Railway – The first commercial railroad in the United States as it traveled from Quincy to the Neponset River.
- Bent’s Cookie Factory – Created water crackers that were sold to the troops during the American Civil War.
- The Captain Robert Bennet Forbes House – A china trade merchant and philanthropist during the Irish Famine.
The town is now called home to 27,003 residents. Estimated median household income is $124,000. Median home price is $623,700. For fiscal year 2017, the real estate tax rate for Milton is $13.56 for residential and $21.51 for commercial and industrial properties.
Do you want to learn more about the Town of Milton? Click on the links below for information about town government, the Milton Public Schools and more…
Are you considering buying or selling a home in Milton, MA? Do you need a real estate lawyer? SINC Law provides comprehensive real estate closing services in and around Milton, MA. Call our office at 781-930-3189 and speak with Bill Sincavage.
Real Estate Lawyer in Milton, Quincy, Weymouth and Boston, Massachusetts